ACC Hall of Fame
Elmer George Rasmussen
September 14, 1937 - Present
“RAS” was born in Centralia, WA. One of four children who learned cribbage at an early age in rural America. Been married to Mary for fifty years, have a son, daughter, three grandchildren, and a great grandchild. Enlisted in the United States Marine Corps from 1958-1961. Employed as a human development specialist, training and budget officer of the United States Department of Agriculture, USFS, Job Corps 1965 – 1996.
- Life Master Two Stars, 15,560 MRP's, #13 lifetime,
- 26 tournament wins, #7 lifetime,
- Four times All-American,
- Gold Award in grass roots, 4,650 lifetime, 2nd highest,
- Awarded the ACC President's Award 2008,
- National Grass roots champion 2009, scored 300 or more points in four seasons.
Other cribbage contributions:
- Served as Region II Grass Roots Commissioner for five years,
- Founded Chehalis-Centralia Cribbage Club and directed for 15 years,
- Taught cribbage classes to hundreds of adults and middle school students,
- Prepared and transmitted a cribbage newsletter to thousands over a 12 year period,
- Administrative Coordinator for Western Washington Fair Cribbage exhibit and promotion,
- Directed Washington State Cribbage Championships for eleven years,
- Serves on the "panel of experts" on CribbageForum.com since inception in 2001.